Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Evening 8-11-10

Night 25

I am sorry for not updating the Blog for a few days, my internet at home is not functioning correctly.

Guy has been at MRC (Missouri Rehab Center) for 6 days. He has three therapy sessions in the morning and three in the afternoon (Physical, Occupational, and Speech). He also meets with the psychologist. We had a family meeting today with all the therapist who work with Guy, a nurse, the social worker, myself, his father, and the psychologist. They all report that he is showing improvements daily. The biggest concerns are with balance, being safe, and making reasonable decisions. Guy would like to get out quickly but understands that he needs to stay. We will work on a day to day basis and hope that he stays until they tell him he is ready to be released.

Guy was able to move rooms today from the lockdown unit into the regular hallway. This allows him more freedom to move around, and his dad can check him out for lunch, to go watch football practice, or just to go for a drive. Guy also enjoys visitors during his 5-8:30pm time period. Thank you to so many for going by.

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Complete healing
A willingness to stay at MRC
Peaceful rest
Balance
Short term memory

Prayer for the Family
Patients
Understanding

***A special thanks to ALL the helpers that I had come into my classroom on Monday. What normally takes me days to clean, organize, and set up...took the army of people that arrived only 1 hour and 15 minutes!!!! I have several teachers in my building that would now like to post a time on this blog to get their rooms ready as well. I really appreciate all the help!!! Any of you grade papers as a hobby?

8 comments:

  1. You may have been joking about the papers, but I would love to help you out. I actually miss stuff like that. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, to give you a little more time with your kids and hopefully, a little less stress; I would be glad to grade papers for you. Just let me know and I'll see if we can't set up a routine!! Our caseloads have been cut, so I am now part-time/part-time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relief to see the glorious difference between day 2,3,4 blog notes and this latest. I hope this writing has been therapy. You have certainly helped us understand. God's will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work over at BCDD and would love to help you in grading papers just give me a call and I could come over and meet with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was ready to knock on your front door for an update...... thanks for sharing! Glad to hear that things are going well in Mt Vernon and that Guy is ready for a little more freedom. All our love - The Carrs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, It looks like you have had several takers on grading papers however if you find that you need more I would certainly be willing to help out. Your entire family is in our thoughts and prayers. It is our prayer that Guy will have complete healing. A friend Nancy Gallatin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update. It is so good to hear that he is getting better. We serve an awsome God!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Disregard previous email that was sent to your school address- hope to see you both this weekend
    Marc

    ReplyDelete