Saturday, August 7, 2010

Evening 8-7-10

Evening 21

The transition yesterday did not go as smoothly as we had hoped. I believe Guy thought that he was just visiting Mt. Vernon and then going home. When he was told that he had to stay he was not very happy. With us making the move on a Friday afternoon most of the therapy for the day had already been complete. He had a couple people ask him questions but that was about all. He was very upset with family so I was thankful that a friend came in and spent the evening with him calming him down and reassuring him that things would be alright.

Today was much better he seemed calmer and ready to take on the rehab. This morning he had 3 therapist come in and give him initial tests/exams to get a feel for where he is with regards to the Brain Injury. Cognitively he is very bright answering all their questions correctly. His balance is off and he is unsteady when he walks also his short term memory is an area of concern. He remembers things from early in the summer but not what happened yesterday or this morning. He creates information that he wants to happen, such as the doctor said I could go home, the nurse just told me it was ok,etc. He is very impulsive: up, down, walking, sitting; when he falls asleep he is not asleep long before back up.

For those concerned that he is not getting a chew, a friend of his did sneak him a can of scoal so his tobacco needs have been met.

Tomorrow will be a hard day because it is Sunday and at MRC they relax, rest, and watch movies. Guy wants to be moving so pray for a calm day.

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Complete healing
A willingness to stay at MRC
Peaceful rest
Balance
short term memory

Prayer for the Family
Patients Patients Patients
A shield to not take things he says personally
Wisdom to know what to say and how to help Guy

Message to those who offered to help me get my classroom ready for the school year.I will be at BIS, Monday August 9th at 9 am to noon. If you want to help come on in

No message to the Newcomb kids, I am with them now and bringing them home.

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying. Nothing is too difficult for Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! If the kids are with you at school later in the week give me a call and ours can all go entertain each other!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still thinking of you all---reading the blog---and praying. Let us know what we can do.

    Here are some things for your brain to think about :)
    Why do they call it a "building"? It looks like they're finished. Why isn't it a "built"?

    Have you ever noticed that the waiter who takes your order is not the one who brings your food anymore? What is THAT about? And which waiter are you tipping, anyway? I think that next time I go to a restaurant I'll just say, "Oh, sorry, I only eat the food. The guy who pays the bill will be along shortly."

    Would somebody please explain to me those signs that say, "No animals allowed except for Seeing Eye Dogs?" Who is that sign for? Is it for the dog, or the blind person?

    Lisa Berg

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is in control and at times it is hard for us to let him work his will but he will and Guy will be better for it. I have you in our prayers and I will put him on our prayer list at church. He kept me awake one night on the way back from West Plains to Springfield after my son played basketball. It was the first time I had heard his program and for that I am greatful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for Guy and hoping that we can play games soon

    ReplyDelete