Friday, August 6, 2010

Morning 8-6-10

I am sorry that I did not post anything yesterday, I guess I was waiting for something to share.

Guy is STILL at COX South. So my main prayer request today is for a move to take place. Road blocks include insurance and a bed opening at the Missouri Rehab Center.

Guy has talked about checking himself out of the hospital and going home. Although it would be wonderful to take him home, that would not be the best thing for him. . I am not able at this time to care for him by myself or provide him with the therapy he needs. If you were to visit Guy, you would look at him and talk to him and not think there was anything wrong. If you stay for a while you will begin to notice that he has a very short attention span and is very impulsive with his actions. He is up and down out of bed, wanting to walk the hallways, TV on, TV off, flipping through channels, and asking the same questions over and over again. If he askes for something that can not happen (chew, going home, etc.)he gets irritated. After a few minutes on his feet he becomes very unsteady and even took a fall last night. He doesn't want people/nurses to touch him or give him any assistance at all, it adds to his irritation. I understand these behaviors to be related to the brain injury and some related to personality.

Hopefully that gives you a picture of where we are and things to pray for specifically. Again I am told that MRC will address the above behaviors and get Guy on a schedule that will keep him busy. PRAY for the move to happen today!

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Complete healing
a clear mind and less impulsiveness (obedient)
A TRANSITION to the new location

Prayer for the Family
Wisdom in all situations
Patients and Understanding of the brain injury

Message to the Newcomb Kids
Don't have to much fun at Granny and Papa's without me! I am in need of a baby calf count. Talk to you later.
Hugs and Kisses
I LOVE you!
Mom

1 comment: