Sunday, August 15, 2010

Evening 8-15-10

Night 29

Who would have thought Guy would have made the progress that he has in the last 29 days? Many people have seen Guy and know that unless you knew he had an accident it would be hard to tell. He is walking and talking very well. It has really been a miracle, and the result of many many prayers. Thank you for all the words that have been lifted on his behalf and on the behalf of our family.

Guy will be released from MRC on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning of this week. He will still need 24/7 care for a while, just in case but overall he is doing very well. Committed to making some major changes in his life that will not only benefit his well being but our family as well. I will let him share more about that later.

As for our family, he will be coming home when released from MRC. He will not be able to drive until he retakes the drivers test (standard procedure for anyone who has a brain injury), so I will drop everyone off in the mornings before heading to school. He will be going to his parents shop or with his dad while the rest of us are in school.

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Continued healing
A smooth transition home
Understanding of financial changes I felt needed to be made at home (cutting fluff)
a job when he is ready

Prayer for the Famiy
a smooth transition home and into the new school year
wisdom and patients
rest and get up and go in the morning (everyone will have to do their part, to keep a happy momma :)

Note on/to the Newcomb kids:
I could not have three better kids! They have been great through this whole ordeal, traveling to different homes to stay a few days, back and forth to Mt. Vernon, and they have helped me at home and school. I know they are NOT perfect, but I would NOT trade them!! I LOVE you guys.. to the moon and back.

5 comments:

  1. WOW- When I saw Guy yesterday, I did recognize him, but I knew I was standing in front of a new man! I know this was nothing short of a miracle. God's timing & purpose is perfect + he will supply all of our needs! We will continue to lift up your entire family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for your family, Vicki. God is amazing and I'm so glad we have all once again experienced that through Guy's recovery and through the faith you have shown. It's a wonderful thing to never have to Guess How Much He Loves Us. :)

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been so amazing to see God at work. We will continue to pray for the entire Newcomb family and for Guy's complete healing. God is so faithful! We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord!! I know it is not "all over" and probably never will be. I will continue to pray for your family. Vicki--your strength and personal relationship with God has been an inspiration to all and I hope Guy will fully understand one day what a prayer warrior he has by his side. May God Bless You All!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed meeting you, Vicki, and remain ready to help you and Guy. The traces of the accident will linger, but your family received amazing grace only God might explain. Look forward to meeting Guy.

    Ms. Killough very eloquently captured Guy's good fortune to have Vicki's power of belief on his side...

    Price

    ReplyDelete