Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Morning 8-3-10

Day 16

Guy decided that he no longer needed the feeding tube so "He" removed it for them partial, the nurse had to x-ray to check placement, x-ray showed that it was in right location, but kinked and not usable any longer. The hospital staff had to remove it, decided to leave it out, and will monitor his eating. The nurse had to wake him up for breakfast and he did ok, but hopefully without the feeding tube his appetite will return. He talks very well, yet continues to talk about things (maybe he dreamed)that have not really happened, Time concepts are not accurate either. Someone who visited for maybe 10 minutes he thinks stayed all day or night.

No news yet as to when Guy will be moving to Mt. Vernon. I was told this morning that the hospital social worker would be up later to talk to me about it. The Social worker arranges all of the rehab stuff.

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Complete healing
a clear mind and less impulsive
pneumonia, staff, and bacterial infections to clear- two days of antibiotics left
His right leg to continue to gain strength (he can lift it now, it is just slower moving)
Easy transition to the new location

Prayer for the Family
Wisdom and Focus on what needs to be done/completed now-- How to Balance Guy, Kids, School getting ready to start.
Patients while he is clearing his mind
An easy trasition to the new location

Message to the Newcomb Kids
I miss you and can't wait to be around you all the time. I think I could even handle hearing an argument or two. Be Good for the Sneed's and I will see all of you soon.
Hugs and Kisses
I LOVE you,
Mom
PS. Hannah-I plan on meeting you at the ballpark again tonight, so rest up today. Daddy smiled and was proud when I told him about the popup/catches you made last night.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to hear that Guy is doing better. When he gets to Mt. Vernon I would like to come and play Wahoo and other games with him. Love, Audrey McMasters

    ReplyDelete