Thursday, July 22, 2010

Afternoon 7-22-10

Report on Guy
He is still on the rotating bed and rotating flatter on his back which is a step in the direction to getting back to a regular bed. We have had another restful day due to the fact that he is heavily sedated. The nurses lower the amount of sedation on a regular basis to check for neourological responses. Occasionally Guy will respond to their commands when sedation is lowered but it is not consistant. I have been told this is normal. It is hard to lower sedation for very long because his heart rate jumps, blood pressure rises, he fights the ventalator, and tries to sit up in an attempt to get off the bed...

Prayer request for Guy continue to be
-to tolerate the waking up process better (stright from Jamie, our day nurse for the 2nd day)
-get to a place with his lungs to be moved back to a normal bed
-For the drainage to stop from the lung so that tube can be removed
-to get off the ventalator
-ultimantly complete healing

People have asked how I am doing and I will try to answer questions as I get them. SO,I am doing ok... God is granting me an amazing strength in that I know I can handle this because He promised not to give me more than I could bear. I cry, I meet with friends/family in the lobby to cry with them and have them make me laugh with stories and things they bring me, and then in the quiet of Guy's room I live in that moment loving him. God is comforting me with verses and songs that people are sending. I have had an abundance of love showered on me.

Prayer for me continues to be to have wisdom in making decision for Guy and continued strength.

Prayer needs for the entire family
-patients in waiting and sitting
-For Sherry, Guy's mom, to get some rest
-rest for my parents who have Haley, Hannah, and Canton and wisdom for them as they try to help them understand what is happening with their dad. That my mom feel better, she has been feeling a little under the weather.
-wisdom for the doctors and nurses caring for Guy.

10 comments:

  1. Exodus 15:2

    The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

    Praying for strength for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, I heard and have been and will be praying for you both. Sending my love your way! You are right God will not give us more then we can take. Keep up the good work and love him all you can!
    Love,
    Roger, Emma and River Beazley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Newcomb -

    We have been praying for you and Mr. Guy every day and hope that he continues to improve. We hope to come see you soon and give you a BIG hug!

    Cameron, Garrett, and Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki,

    I am keeping your family in prayers and thoughts. Thanks for keeping us updated on Guy's progress.

    Erin Giglio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for specifics and take care of yourself. Praying for a restful night for all. Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, Tracy called me awhile ago and told me about your husband. She heard the prayer request on the radio. Just want you to know that Larry and I will pray for him and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heath has been updating me... We are praying for a complete recovery. Remember that God's time is not our time. Be strong! Send my love to the family,

    Jason Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki, Guy is in our prayers
    Dave & Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vickie
    You are in my prayers and thoughts. My heart breaks for you and your family.

    Miss Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coach Newcomb, Neighbor, Friend.....we are all praying and waiting with you. I love that song too. Thank you for posting everyday. Bless your heart...you are so special to all of us!
    The Porter Family

    ReplyDelete