Thursday, July 22, 2010

Morning 7-22-10

Guy had a pretty good, restful night (and so did I, THANK YOU friends and Wellspring for the Hotel room)

I have seen the doctor moving about but not talked to him directly. I am not going to bother him, because he has other patients and I KNOW if something big comes up He will come to me. God will grant us the ability to wait and be patient.

The night nurse, Shawn, kept him comfortable and moving/rotating in the crazy bed that moves from side to side.Shawn and I talked about Guy waking up and wanting out of the bed and he said that it would be like waking up, feeling like you are in a dream and being scared. So he told Guy a few times during the night: "Guy you were in an accident, this is not a dream, you are safe."

Prayer needs for Guy
-He needs to get to a place with his lungs to be moved back to a normal bed, so he can have another cat scan and we can see what is going on with the head injury. They can not take the moving bed to that location for the scan.
-For the drainage to stop from the lung so that tube can be removed
-to get off the ventalator
-ultimantly complete healing

I have been asked about my prayer needs
-wisdom in making decisions for Guy

Prayer needs for the entire family
-patients in waiting and sitting (I am not a good sitter)
-rest for my parents who have Haley, Hannah, and Canton and wisdom for them as they try to help them understand what is happening with their dad.

Thanks to all and I changed the setting so anyone can post comments.

Psalm 62: 5-8

14 comments:

  1. Vickie,
    We will keep praying. Thank you for updating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your posts. We prayed for you and your family last night at 1st Assembly. I am thankful that you have had a good night of rest. I know that must be hard. The Cates family continues to pray for your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki,
    We continue to pray for Guy, you and your family.
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki,
    Wanted to let you know we are praying for Guy and the rest of your family. If you need anything let us know. After the softball game Monday night, the girls and families said a prayer for Hannah and the whole family for
    Guys healing.
    The Halls
    Johnny, Becky, Tracy and Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki,

    I am so sorry that your family is going through this. I have been and will continue to keep Guy and your entire family in my prayers. I trust that God will provide you with comfort in the long days to come. Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coach Newcomb,

    Praying for you and your family. Stay strong.

    Hailey Jo Hopkins

    ReplyDelete
  7. God, We bring the Newcomb family to you and lift them up in prayer. It is times like this, we know how dependent on you we are. Man cannot perform miracles, you can; Man cannot do the impossible, only you can. We ask for strength and rest for the whole family. We pray for healing on this lung. Mend and repair it to the fullest strength so it can operate the way you intend for it to. Be with the physicians and give them wisdom in treating Guy. Amen. Vicki, we are praying for Guy at New Life Community Church and believe God can perform a miracle. Keep your faith and trust Him. It is by His stripes we claim this healing, In Jesus Name. Donna Hunt & family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle and I and our families are praying for you all. Please let us know of any needs you have.

    Love you -

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you again for the update, I am glad that you were able to rest because you need to have a clear head when making decisions that I am sure are to come. I will continue to pray for all of you and may God's strength and blessings be on all of you through all of this. Praying for total healing and restoration for Guy. Vicky Ward and family

    ReplyDelete
  10. praying and thinking of you daily....may God continue to hold you in his hands. all our love.

    jeff and terri park and family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicki...Just keep the faith. The power of prayer is amazing and believe me, I know the feeling of being overwhelmed by people who really do care. I've been where you are and the only way to make it is thru faith and prayer. Guy is in God's hands and He is taking care of him. He's taking care of you, too! Thoughts and prayers to the rest of your family...Mike Edwards & Family

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicki and all Guy's family. I was so very sorry to hear about the accident. I know there are lots of prayers being said for him and all of you. Hold on and keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Vicki and Family,

    Our hearts are so heavy with prayer for Guy, You and Your Family. Thank you so much for posting the updates. Like so many others we lift up our hearts in prayer to God begging for his Great Mercy, Love, and Healing Spirit.

    With Much Love and Prayer,
    Jim & Sheila Hacker

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just another note to remind you once again of our love and concern for you and Guy during this hard waiting time. Your Freeman Heights' family cares for you!! God cares more!!!
    With a cry to Jesus for help,
    Clarise Carr

    ReplyDelete