Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Morning 7-27-10

Day 9

HE IS AWAKE!
Ventalator out!
Sedation and Pain medicine turned off!
He knows his name, what year it is, my name, and the names of all 3 kids!
Praise be to the LORD!

The story of the morning-skip if you want and excuse all the I's but it is a story told from my perspective :)
When I was leaving at 5am, he was awake (no visitors from 5-8). I was telling him good-bye and that I would be back at 8. He was squished down in his bed and tried to grab the ventalator tubes. I don't think he would have gotten it but he got close, I grabbed his hand and called for the nurse. A nurse we had for a few days early on came to help me and to resecure his hands. Guy and this nurse had a rough night early on (because Guy was grumpy and on sedative) I giggled because he was growling, I thought. I even asked him, "are you growling at me for getting help or because this nurse came to help me." by this time the nurse who had Guy for the night shift came in and the two nursed talked "nurse talk" and went for the respitory therapist. The respitory therapist came in and found that a balloon of air that seals the airway was not holding air. Upon doctors orders they could remove the vent. I had to leave for the removal and did not think I would be allowed back in until 8, but told the nurse to call me if there was a problem. Thinking that I would not be able to get back into his room until 8 and sleep was out of the qustion, I headed to the YMCA for a run. My plan was 3 miles, shower, breakfast, and be back at 8. On the last lap to make 3, my phone rang and it was the nurse saying he was awake and asking for us. So I only completed the first thing on my list :), headed back and discovered the information posted at the top.

I am very excited that he is awake and knows us, but I also understand that we are still dealing with several things, including the head injury, and He are not out of the woods yet. We still have a road to travel. But right now I will SMILE and Praise the Lord. This was not the timing of the doctors or nurses, but God's timing. And God IS in CONTROL. He can do whatever He wants whenever He wants to.

Prayer for Guy

God's will be done
Complete healing
a clear mind
That his white count be normal (it was elevated yesterday-fear pneumonia)
Tolerance of going with out the medicines (without the ventalator he no longer needed the sedation/pain medicine)
His right leg (I have not seen him move it)

Prayer for the Family
Patients and wisdom while he is clearing his mind
My mother's gall bladder-that the antibotics clear the inflamation

Message to the Newcomb Kids
Shelley and the Rock solid staff are going to stop and visit me at the hospital tomorrow. I am looking forward to our sleepover tomorrow night and I will be envious of all the fun you will be having with Shelley and her staff while at camp and staying at the Burlison house. Be Good for Papa and Granny!
Hugs and Kisses
I Love You-Mom

27 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!! It is truly God's timing. I will continue to pray that the Lord will be glorified through this whole experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I called Sam right away and told him. I sent you a text this morning, but I think you were busy with other things. We will continue to pray for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! We are so excited about the news and hope that you have a SMILE on your face today! We will keep praying for further healing but today we will have a big PRAISE!

    Alex, Ang, Cameron, Garrett, and Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRAISE GOD!!!! We are so greatful for God's mercy and grace.
    The Butterfields

    ReplyDelete
  5. This message brought tears to our eyes....we are so happy!

    The Porter Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is GREAT news! I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    Lisa Abbiatti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic news! This shows that prayer really is powerful. Thank you for keeping us updated. I am so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so thankful for the wonderful news this morning. I continue with prayer for further healing and strength for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki

    Praise the Lord!!! We will continue to pray for you and your family Love the Kosky's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hallelluia! Time and patience is paying off on God's timeline. Praise be to Him! We continue to pray with you for Guy's complete recovery. Bask in the glory of God and enjoy your time with Guy today! The Funk's

    ReplyDelete
  11. TO GOD BE THE GLORY! That's an amazing way to start the day. We will continue to pray for more of God's awesome handy work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! God is answering our prayers right & left!!He loves us so much and wants the best for us even when we don't understand what's happening. We'll just keep on praying & believing. Love ya!
    Bob & Sue Summers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise the Lord! What a wonderful way to start your day! And we all are rejoicing right along with you.
    Shaela

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to start the day. Any minute of relief or a bit of piece of mind, you grab it. Those times will help you journey on. God's timing is always right on. I love the way he works.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praises are being heard in heaven. We will continue to pray. God bless. The Spear family

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great News!! We will continue to Pray and hope for more blogs like todays! I can't wait to get home and share your great news with Jaden. He asked me just last night if I had been praying for Hailey's Dad!
    The Spindler's

    ReplyDelete
  17. wowie wow wow! So cool! Yay God! Will keep praying for more good news...

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO glad he is awake and making good progress. Thank you for keeping up with the blog, it is very helpful in keeping many that care about you informed. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Continuing to pray for all your needs.

    Lea Ann, Scott and Gage

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful news! God is truly an Awesome God! Will keep praying that his progress will be steady and swift.

    Verna

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Woooo Whooooed out loud when I read this!!!! So excited for Guy and family. God is truly AWSOME!!!!!!!
    I know Guy from working in Special Ed and him being the adaptive PE teacher. He is a wonderful man and loves his family very much from what I could tell. He has to be about the best story teller I know.
    Continued prayers for Guy and all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Praise God! What EXCITING news! We are keeping you in our prayers as we head to Topeka today- to stay :(
    Please tell Guy that we love him and we are praying. He remembers the family names - ask him if he remembers his boyfriend :)
    Love,
    the Brosius family

    ReplyDelete
  22. Linda and Robert BuffingtonJuly 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM

    Praise be to God from whom all blessings flow! We will continue prayers for physical and emotional recovery. Coach and Linda Buff

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is wonderful news! We check several times a day and appreciate the updates. We will continue to lift Guy and your family up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hannah and Garrett were in 1st grade together. I have keep you in our thoughts and prayers and kept up with the blog. Thankful for the progress and pray for rest and strength for you and your family. Kahlie Krtek and family

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so happy that you, the kids, Keith, Sherry, and the family got some of your prayers answered. God is good ! Melda said it was the best b-day present she has ever gotten. So happy to see the progress Guy is making.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, just found this...you mean your husband had been in a coma for 9 days and you decided to finish your run before returning to him when he had awaken. Everything else you typed is now meaningless. Feel sorry for this Guy, and hope he is still with us, and not her.

    David and Michelle
    St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just now finding this page, Guy what an inspiration. Hope you have stayed close to God, he is not done with you yet

    ReplyDelete