Saturday, July 24, 2010

Morning 7-24-10

No news is good news. We are still plugging along. the chest x-ray continues to look better. His oxygen/CO2 levels are maintaining. He is initiating some breaths on his own through the ventalator. The lung is still in the process of healing, so there is still work to be done.

Prayer for Guy
--tolerate the waking up process better
- the chest tube to be removed (drainage has not stopped but is to a point that they could remove the tube, but now we are on weekend rotation and our normal doctor is off so it might be Monday)
-to get off the ventalator
-ultimantly complete healing

Prayer for me
The kids are coming today. They are to young to go and see Guy in the NTICU, but I need a good dose of them and they need to see that I am ok. Please pray for wisdom.

Continue to pray for all of us
-to be patient
-to be strong and not let fear take hold
-to rest when we can

We are all very appreciative of the love showered in the way of visitors, cards, food, and most of all Prayers on our behalf. I have found comfort in the reading cards, emails, and facebook messages to Guy. Thank you to all and please keep writing and most of all PRAY!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I know you will enjoy loving on your kids today. I hope you get some time with just them! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, so glad you get to see the kids today. Thankful that the reports on Guy are showing progress. Hang in there! Let the joy of your kids replenish you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guy, Vicke, and Kids~

    We have been praying for you all every day, many times throughout the day and we will continue to lift up these specific needs. We had hoped to get to come visit today, but we want you to have this day with your kids. What a blessing that will be for you, Vickie! I hope this scripture brings encouragement as you patiently wait upon Him!

    Psalm 33:20 - 22 ~ We wait in hope for the LORD; He is our help and our shiled. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His Holy name. May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in YOU.

    We love you all~
    The Van Tassells

    ReplyDelete
  4. Share some Twizzlers with the kids...unless they're all gone. ;)

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soak up those kids! They are a great way to help keep things in perspective!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your get lots of kisses and hugs from the Newcomb kids. and I know you'll be giving many, many. :) Lots of prayers from here for all of you and the medical staff. I have several movies to bring. See you tonight.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. vickie,
    my family has been praying for Guy. Thank you so much for all of your postings on the progress that he is making. It allows us to know how to pray. Please keep posting and if there is anything that we can do let us know. We are in Mt.Vernon and operate a coffee shop there.
    Still praying.
    Tracy (Woods) Bradshaw and family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the encouragement. Spending time with the kids was AMAZING! I am so thankful that my dad brought them up. I did GET and GIVE many many hugs and kisses. They are doing very well at Granny and Papa's- Haley has learned how to drive and put away round hay bales. Hannah has been helping Granny around the house and says that Granny has taught her how to do laundry (this might come in handy this fall. Canton has gotten to snack anytime he wants (Granny lifted the NO Snacking between meals except at assigned snack time for him.... I think she is getting soft :) I am very thankful for my family!!!

    Michael-
    What twizzlers? I think Hannah took a partially filled bag home with her-there were a couple in the package.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm following your's and hannah's blog. Me and my family are happy to hear that he is felling better.Me,our church and many other people are praying for Guy. I hope he gets better soon.

    Will Toler8)

    ReplyDelete