Thursday, July 22, 2010

Evening 7-22-10

Tracey and Grant have been banned from visiting Guy for at least the next 8 hours. They came in with me while the nurse was giving Guy a neurological assessment, and they tried to cheat for him! Can you believe that, cheat for him???

Tracey and Grant are two of Guy's best friends in the entire world. They went to high school together and both were in our wedding. Anyone who knows them will completely believe MY story about what happend and here it is, Grant was on one side of Guy and Tracey on the other. Tracey was asking Guy to squeeze his hand. Guy squeezed and then Tracy asked him to let go, which is part of the assessment. Guy did not let go but Tracey said he did and Grant backed up the story to the nurse. Boys will be boys! It did make me smile and give me a great story to tell Guy when he really wakes up.

On their behalf he did respond to them by turning his head toward one and then back to the other. They both Love Guy alot and I know that he loves them right back!

On a serious note:
The injured lung is staying inflated on its own, more technical than that... but Good news. He is still on the ventalator and the chest tube is still in. he is still on the moving bed but will be flat on his back tonight to see if he can tolerate the lung therapy like this.

Prayer request for Guy continue to be
-to tolerate the waking up process better
-get to a place with his lungs to be moved back to a normal bed
-For the drainage to stop from the lung so that tube can be removed
-to get off the ventalator
-ultimantly complete healing

Prayer for me
wisdom in making decisions for Guy
I am trying not to be on an emotional roller coaster, but feel a little anxious/nervous tonight- so for that to be cast out of me.

Prayer for the entire family
Patients and rest

7 comments:

  1. Vicki, you and your family are in our prayers!!

    Roberts' family.
    Shane, Stacy, Mariah, Mackenzie, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki...

    My name Is Mark Hillenburg. We have not officially met...but I helped Guy out with the website...and twitter and stuff. Guy and your family are in our prayers!
    I have added some info and links to Guy's website going to this blog. I hope that is OK. If not...or if you would like anything changed...just contact me anytime. 417 849 4313
    hillenblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't know each other, but I feel the need to tell you that you will be in my prayers as you go through this healing process. We serve an Awesome God! He loves Guy even more than you do. Rest in knowing this.

    In His Precious Love
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki,
    I know that Guy's recovering will take some time but the ripple effect of people seeing God's power, healing and love will never end. Thanks for keeping us posted!

    Stephanie and boys

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for your wisdom and discernment as you listen to doctors and make decisions. L West

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for healing, peace, and rest. You are a very discerning person and will continue to make great decisions from your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you're being strong and making good decisions. Just take it one moment at a time. Still thinking and praying for all of you! I'd stop by, but I have my nephew right now and he's got a cold. I'd hate to "share the wealth!"

    ReplyDelete