Monday, July 26, 2010

Morning 7-26-10

Day 8

Before I share about Guy, Hannah, our 9 year old, has created her own blog to share information from, with the help of her cousin Brittany. I told her that I would share that address with all of you so you could read her posts as well. She is a doll and loves her daddy a lot. She is a daddy's girl. Feel free to write to her as well the summer reading will be good for her :)
Hannah's Blog www.hannahsblog4family.blogspot.com


The settings on Guy's ventalator are set now so that he initiates the breathing the ventalatore just controls how much air goes in. Due to to broken ribs he would not take in large breaths that will expand the lungs completely, so the ventalator fills the lungs once he takes the breath. This change took place last night and has not been changed back. I am encouraged by the respatory therapist telling me the settings he is on currently are settings that they can remove ventalators from. Guy still needs his for one the broken ribs, so there is not a current plan to remove it yet.

Following the new plan from yesterday, the nurse has been able to reduce his sedative from 5 mg/hour to 4mg/hour. The pain medicine is still at 150mcg/hour.These two are constant IV drips. Since the beginning they have had him on these two things and on top of that.... they have had to give him bolus(s)-bonus shots- of one or the other to help him stay calm and asleep. The change they made yesterday, which is hard for me to explain, was to help them begin to reduce the number of bolus(s) they were giving and the amount of sedative/pain medicine Guy is recieving. So today they hope to not have to bolus as much and the one IV drip has been reduced. Both praises in my book.

I am told over and over that these things take time...so we wait. We are on God's time schedule-and he already knows how it ends, so we are weathering the storm and holding on tight.

Prayers for Guy
God's will be done
Overall Healing of Guy's body
the new plan has the results that the doctor intended
consistant neurological assessment results
get off the ventalator

Prayers for the family
My mother, who had our children to go to the doctor, as of last night she was still feeling below the weather. And for her to have a peace of mind that I am doing ok.

for continued patients, strength, and to be fearless, because God is providing us with that as of now

For the Newcomb kiddos
Haley you need to respond to a blog comment from yesterday, 6 Blue Dolphins (Mrs. Funk) wants to know how your driving lessons are going and I am fairly curious myself.
Hannah I told people about your BLOG so don't for get to write something on it today (once a day would be good) and I would love for you to post/write what you, Haley, and Canton have done during the day so I can stay informed.
Canton ride Velvet for me if you get a chance and if not at least take her a horse treat for me. Love you all a TON and missing you all! Talk to you soon.
Hugs and Kisses
Mom

7 comments:

  1. Hannah's blog is awesome - I just couldn't get it to let me comment. I want her to know we pray for her by name daily.
    The Butterfields

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki,

    I am very proud of Hannah, and her blog. She is an amazing kiddo!!!

    Guy and you are continually in my prayers.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, I just learned of Guy's accident yesterday and am pretty much speechless (believe it or not). I shared Jo's original email with friends all over the country and have had many promises of prayers for both Guy and You, and your adorable children. You will remain in our hearts and prayers.
    Debby H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vick, So good to get an update. I'll be checking in on Hannah's blog. :) Hugs from Carl are sent your way, as well from me. :) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki,
    We are praying your prayers!! Thank you for keeping this updated as many people are praying too!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki this is Aaron's mom Chris. Since Aaron's accident on the 14th I haven't slowed down until just recently to even know what was going on outside of our home. When I heard about Guy's accident my heart went out to you & your family. We are standing in faith with you for Guy's recovery. You all are in our prayers!!! If there's anything else you need just let us know, we are here for you.

    Chris Allen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki,
    Jo Ann just emailed me and we are now praying! So sorry to hear about the accident but thankful that God is providing improvement. I'll pray till the end of this ordeal.
    Love,
    Erin Willey

    ReplyDelete