Thursday, July 29, 2010

Morning 7-29-10

Day 11

Anyone who knows Guy knows if it can happen, it will happen to Guy. He tested positive for staff, has pnemonia, and now has some type of bacterial infection that is highly contagious. The doctor says it would be hard for us to get it but fears it being carried to other patients. So I sit here in my plactic gown and gloves trying to type (excuse typos today..everyday).

We are still waiting on results from the MRI, but the CAT scan was good, I don't understand what good really means in this situation. The nurse is going to go and look at the CAT scan from when Guy came in on Sunday and the scan from the next morning and compare it to the CAT scan from yesterday. I want to know what is the same/different between the three scans in relation to swelling and blood spots (contusion areas). Hopefully I can give more detail later. Just Keep praying.

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Complete healing
a clear mind
pneumonia, staff, and bacterial infection to clear and NO new infections to set in
removal of the neck brace-still waiting
eat and drink on his own -food tube was replaced so we can work toward this in another day.
His right leg (I have not seen him move it)

Prayer for the Family
Wisdom
Patients while he is clearing his mind
Protection from illness
My mother's gall bladder-feeling some better
For our children, The Rock Solid Staff, and kids attending the camp.

Message to the Newcomb Kids
I LOVED spending the night with you!! It was very cozy,... so cozy we overslept. Have fun at Rock Solid today! Be good for the Burlison's and I will see you tonight.
Hugs and Kisses
I LOVE you,
Mom

5 comments:

  1. We just want to let you know we are thinking about you and praying for your family.We are following your blog. Hugs :) Amy & Joe Kaleb & Kolby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are never far from my thoughts. I'm praying for you, your children, and the entire situation so very often. May you feel God's peace today as you sit with your husband and pray. Yes, we will worship while we're waiting and we will serve Him while we're waiting.

    I look forward to your posts and appreciate the updates.

    ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaiah 41:9-10,13
    "I took you from the ends of the earth,
    from its farthest corners I called you.
    I said, "You are my servant';
    I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
    So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    For I am the Lord, your God,
    who takes hold of your right hand
    and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. May you feel God's peace and strength today! We are following your blog , thank you for keeping us updated on Guy's condition. We are praying for Guy, for you, your kids, and your family. You are in our constant thougthts and prayers..
    With all our love, The Presley's
    Jody,Andi,Morgan,Hannah,Emmy&Kaden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vick, Good to see you today. God is giving you amazing strength. I've always known you are something special, this "storm" is allowing the Light of Jesus show through in so many things you are doing and saying. Your reaching out to others in the same situation is bringing glory to our Heavenly Father. Luv u, Jo

    ReplyDelete