Friday, July 30, 2010

Evening 7-30-10

Guy has made it to the 8th floor room 826! He has had a pretty good: day making sense but getting agitated when he doesn't get what he wants. He wants to go home, have a chew, and be able to get up to go to the bathroom (all of which he can not do yet).

Talking to Guy has been a little difficult having to repeat things over and over and entertaining at other times. For your enjoyment: Once today we were talking and I was trying to explain to him where he was saying "you are in Cox South, you had and accident, you are in Neuro Trama ICU", and he responded "I see You, too". I had to laugh.

He is still in isolation due to the infections, so visitation is limited to immediate family ONLY. I will post when the door opens and when visitors can come, I know he will appreciate everyone who wants to come but with his immune system a little compromised with infection I am told it is best for him to have limited visitors. Thank you for understanding.

I think we are now out of the woods but have a long road to travel before getting home. I think that road will have hills, valleys, a few straigt aways, and hopefully not to many mountains. Thank you for your diligence in prayer so far and please continue. GOD is good!

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Complete healing
a clear mind
pneumonia, staff, and bacterial infection to clear
eat and drink on his own-he is eating ice chips
His right leg

Prayer for the Family
Wisdom
Patients while he is clearing his mind
Protection from illness
My mother's gall bladder
For our children, The Rock Solid Staff, and kids attending the camp.

Message to the Newcomb Kids
Have a good time at the bon fire tonight. Eat a few roasted marshmallows for me!
Hugs and Kisses
I Love You!
Mom

7 comments:

  1. We are so thankful!!!! The DeRossett's (ly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God!! And continuing to pray.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so thankful that Guy is out of the woods. We will continue to pray for you, Guy, the kids and Guy's family as you travel through the hills, valleys, and maybe mountains. Remember, ..."if you have faith as a mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it shall move; and nothing shall be impossible to you."
    Matt. 17:20

    God has already moved some mountains. He is able to move more!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE TEARS OF JOY RUNNING DOWN MY FACE!!! I am truly blessed by this. You will make it through the hills, valleys and even the mountain with your love, faith, family, friends and most importantly GOD by your side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I see you, too" that sounds like my brother may be having a little fun of his own. That is my opinion.
    Heath

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky and Family,
    We are so thankful that Guy is doing better. It is a marvelous thing to see God work in our lives. We will continue to pray for all the specific prayer needs that you post on the blog. Thanks so much for keeping us informed. Our entire family and our church family have been very concerned. You have been an inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete