Sunday, July 25, 2010

Morning 7-25-10

Day 7
I do not have much to report this morning..things are just slow moving. I do have a praise that earlier I asked everyone to pray that he wake up better, not fighting so much and that has happened. So now we just need him to follow the nurses' commands when he is awake. And they are currently taking out the chest tube!

I posted early on that I needed to be patient waiting and a wonderful friend sent me this song and I feel that their are lots of you out their waiting with me for answers and maybe the lyrics can help you wait as well. The lyrics are good but if you can listen to the song, it is even better.

John Waller: "While I'm Waiting"

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

Prayer for Guy first and formost GOD's WILL BE DONE
-Complete and total healing for Guy
- to wake up and pass the neurological assessments consistantly
-the chest tube to be removed (Being removed now- pray that is can stay out)
-to get off the ventalator

Prayer for the family
Endurance, Strength, and mostly Patients

Note: My kids are reading this daily and Hannah requested a message to them so...

Good Morning kids-I Love you and so does daddy. Be good for Granny and Papa.

11 comments:

  1. Nothing moves quickly when you are dealing with a head injury. That's the hardest part. Keep faith a prayer near your heart. God is with you! We continue to pray. Mike Edwards and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, Great news for a morning post! Not sure if you are looking at school e-mail or not...I sent something there for you! Oh, if Canton is reading...Devin says HI!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue to pray for Guy, you, the famly, the doctors. Lynae Strough

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for the great news. We are praying for you. Love the Butterfields

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect song! We are praying for you, Vicki as you wait. Guy, we are praying for your body - for total healing! Hayley, Hannah, and Canton- we are praying for you as you wait as well; that God would give you comfort as you rely on Him to give you strength as we know how you are missing mom and dad!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have hear this song and it is so perfect. We listen to it during all our many surgerys and waiting is the hardest part, but God is there next to you holding your hand.I have witnessed so many of God's Miracles in our life, and I know that God will pull you threw. Robert the kids and I have been praying daily. You and your family are never far from our thoughts. We call Keith every few days to check on Guy. Isaac has been very concerned and asked that when Guy gets better that he can see him. We love you all and praise God for all he has done and will continue to do. The morris family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki,

    The love chapter stands out in my mind as I think about and pray for you. You are definitely showing love through this time! 1 cor. 13:4-7

    Jenni & Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coach Newcomb, Neighbor, and Friend....we are all praying and waiting with you. I love that song too. Thank you for posting everyday. Bless your heart...you are so special to all of us. The Porter Family

    ReplyDelete
  9. You all were prayed for in nearly every church in Mt. Vernon today. Know that prayers are answered and people are thinking about you.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is interesting you posted song lyrics because as we sang this song today at church I cried and thought of you and your family. I wish you could have heard Wellspring sing this:

    When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    when sorrows like sea billows roll;
    whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well with my soul.

    Refrain:

    It is well with my soul,
    it is well, it is well with my soul.

    Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    let this blest assurance control,
    that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
    and hath shed his own blood for my soul.
    Refrain)

    My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
    praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
    (Refrain)

    And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
    the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
    the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
    even so, it is well with my soul.
    (Refrain)

    Or you can hear A Capella sing it on Youtube (they are almost as good as Wellspring :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSXzDiGpYZ8

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are praying for you, Guy, and your children. God does not give you more than you can handle so look for the footprints in the sand. I bet you find one set.

    ReplyDelete