Saturday, July 31, 2010

Evening 7-31-10

Night 14
Guy has been awake most of today (I ran home for part of the day to take care of a few things, but while I have been here he has been awake). He is watching the Cardinals and wanting the Computer to send out emails. If you get an email from him read and enjoy, but I doubt he will remember sending it ;)

Physical Therapy helped him stand today. The right leg will hold weight and he is able to move it pull it up/bend it at the knee on his own. I say hold weight, it would as well as the left but both legs were pretty wobbly. The PT said that the leg was something they would work on, seeing as nothing showed up on the MRI it has to be related to the head injury. His catheter has been removed so he has less tubes to irritate him. He passed the swallow test and was able to eat a REAL lunch and dinner. Prayers have been answered today, but don't quit..The list is smaller but we still have work to be done. Thanks everyone!

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Complete healing
a clear mind
pneumonia, staff, and bacterial infections to clear-white blood count was the same today as yesterday.
His right leg to continue to gain strength

Prayer for the Family
Wisdom and Patients while he is clearing his mind
Protection from illness
My mother's gall bladder

Message to the Newcomb Kids
It was so good to spend some time with you three at home. I enjoyed hearing the songs and watching you preform them for me. You will need to teach me the orange one and the button one. those would be fun to do at school. I hope you had fun at the movies. BE GOOD for Jo and Carl and please pet Patches for me.
Hugs and Kisses
I Love You!
Mom

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Vicki, this is wonderful! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, so good to hear the news about Guy. Will share it w/ my S.S. class this am. Here is a verse I tried to send last week: In Jeremiah(somewhere-smile) it says: "I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." See you soon, LY M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki,
    What wonderful news! God is so good, so good to us! Remember to take care of you these next weeks as you are taking care of everyone else. :D

    Verna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounding good! We will update our prayer warriors! Take care and get some rest!
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed at the progress! To think of Guy standing makes me cry a very happy cry! I am excited to come see you today- I will be there this evening. If you need something, text me! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Vick, The kids are greata this am. Breakfast over and getting ready for church. Then on to see you and their dad. What a blessing! Patches slept with Hannah last night. Very sweet time. :) He sends you big sloppy kisses. :) Luv ya, Jo

    ReplyDelete