Friday, July 30, 2010

Morning 7-30-10

Day 12

I misspoke yesterday, they did not do another CAT Scan on Guy. The doctor was talking about the first two that had occured the night we came in and the following morning. Because those looked good (swelling did not increase or more bleeding did not show up) he opted for the MRI to check the spinal cord and tissues. The MRI shows that the cord is intact and complete. Basically they found that his back is a little out of whack but everything else is good. Good news is it all looks good, bad news they don't know what is causing the problem in the right leg. The nurse told me that after a head injury you wait a year (365 days) and the condition you are in at that point is where you will normally stay. SO I heard wait 353 more days...ugggh

I have not seen it yet, but the nurse does think the right leg has more strength today and that she saw him cross it over his left. I will let you know when I see it. For those of you who know Guy well, he is asking for chew and telling the nurse that I am a pain in the butt for not helping him by running to the car to get him some. They also took his neck collar off which has to make him more comfortable. Guy's white blood count is down some today so the antibiotics seem to be working on all the infections.

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Complete healing
a clear mind
pneumonia, staff, and bacterial infection to clear
eat and drink on his own
His right leg

Prayer for the Family
Wisdom
Patients while he is clearing his mind
Protection from illness
My mother's gall bladder
For our children, The Rock Solid Staff, and kids attending the camp.

Message to the Newcomb Kids
Have Fun at Rock Solid Camp today!!
Hugs and Kisses
I Love You!
Mom

6 comments:

  1. Hey! It was good to see you and the kids last night at volleyball! I was listening to the Stellar Kart Expect the Impossible cd this week and got a great reminder from God. The song is called "Pray" and it says, "Have a little faith and believe. God is not a stranger to the things you might say. Pray. Sit back and watch the scenery change. Hold on to the promise that help is on the way. Something beautiful,your miracle, is waiting on you. Pray." Thank you for specifics!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki
    PRAISE GOD! PRAISE GOD! what a miracle he has preformed already. I have been keeping up with your blog daily and I have to tell you just watching Guy and how he has improved everyday just strengthens my faith in God. God is so Wonderfully Perfect and he is so wonderfully good to us. Vicki you are such a strong person. Your strength inspires me as well as your faith in God. You all are in my prayers. As my preacher tells us we just have to keep on keepin' on. Hang in there Vicki God is working a Miracle in your family.

    Love you all Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki,
    Just wanted to let you know that we're keeping up with you online here at the office, and you and the family are in all of our prayers. I've put you on the prayer list at Brighton Baptist, where Kevin and I attend, as well.

    God Bless,
    Roxy, Lu and the gang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for the good news about Guy's spinal cord!
    This Scripture makes me think of you and how you are encouraging others by the gracious way you are handling this situation:
    Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. "For he will be like a tree planted by the water, That extends its roots by a stream And will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, And it will not be anxious in a year of drought Nor cease to yield fruit." Jer. 17:7-8
    This is also a promise to you that you can remember when you begin to feel anxious. The Lord is more than able to sustain you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for how far Guy has come! I know a head injury is a long hard walk. I live it everyday with my dad. But the strength of God gets me threw. We continue to pray for all of you, and for complete healing for Guy. Love the Morris family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki,

    As the medical team has instructed, this first year is Guy's "Golden Window." He is making strides. Thanks for sharing. You have many people cheering for you.

    I talked with E.D-R, if you need me leave a note: osagepony@gmail.com

    Price Kellar

    ReplyDelete