Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Morning 7-28-10

Day 10
Yesterday was a very trying and tiring day. Very excited for Guy to wake up but a very trying day because of the head injury and the confusion that goes with it. I was reminded by a very wise woman, my mother, that we are over a week into this and I have not had to make any major decisions, Guy has not been to surgery, and a we continue to plug along without regression; all because of God's Grace. So my song of prayer today is "Your Grace is Sufficient". I Love you Mom and do listen to what you say :)

Plans for today
The doctor has requested Guy go for an MRI to scan the whole body. They are going to see what they can find about the right leg, check spine and neck. Hopefully they will be able to remove the neck collar. Guy is doing well with his oxygen levels without the ventalator but needs to work on taking deep breaths filling the injured lung completely. He also has tolerated going with out the constant IV pain medicine drip and only needs the occasional dose.

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Complete healing
a clear mind
pneumonia to clear
removal of the neck brace-which would mean good neck results from the MRI
eat and drink on his own
His right leg (I have not seen him move it)

Prayer for the Family
Wisdom
Patients while he is clearing his mind-yesterday was exhausting
My mother's gall bladder-that the antibotics clear the inflamation
For our children-a smooth transition back to Bolivar for Rock Solid Camp and a weekend with frined.

Message to the Newcomb Kids
Pack your bags, You are coming to spend the night with me in my room and then to Bolivar in the morning. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
Hugs and Kisses
I Love you,
Mom

7 comments:

  1. mom,
    Ican what to see you ether.ilove you.
    hannah,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you are getting tired by now. Lean on us but let the Holy Spirit fill you with peace and joy as only He can!! Hold on to His words and the promise that He will never leave you through any trials of your life. Continue to listen to Godly music and recite verses. That will refresh your soul. Thank you for sharing your kids with us this week. Their faith has been an inspiration to us all. You should have seen the other kids' eyes when I told them that their prayers had helped wake up Hannah's dad and that he was getting better but we still needed to pray for him. What a lesson in prayer!!!
    Love you,
    Clarise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki,

    Enjoy your night with your kiddos!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are getting to spend some time with your kids. I know the time will be an encouragement for you and them. Still praying..
    L West

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corn 1.3-4
    LOVE AND PRAYERS.
    CAROL CAREY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, First, I want you to know you and Guy Plus all of the family are in our thoughts and prayers. Second, thank you for the daily updates. Jennifer and I are supt. of Hobby Crafts at the fair, so we will be by. Third, if you need anything please let us know and we will be ready. You are very special and so is your family. Jane Otradovec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki, WOW what BIG days you have had! I have been reading each day, but have not been able to post from my phone! Sounds like Guy is in great hands! I hope to see you soon! I know you will have SO MUCH FUN tonight! :) Tracy Daniels

    ReplyDelete