Saturday, July 31, 2010

Morning 7-31-10

Day 13
Guy continues to become more and more talkative, it just does not all make sense. On the 8th floor the nurses have more patients so it is not the same intense care he was recieving down stairs. He is not able to be left alone so he is assigned a PCA (Patient Care Assistant) at all times, they are also know as "sitters".

The doctors think they will release us from the hospital sometime this next week. Guy will not be ready to go home but to a Rehabilitation Center. The Hospital Social Worker talked to me about places in Missouri that work with Brain Trama patients and one of the best is located in Mt. Vernon, Missouri. Guy graduated from Mt. Vernon High School and we have several frineds that live there and Guy has an aunt and uncle that live a short distance away. Isn't God good? Even through we have experienced this tramatic event of Guy's accident, I have learned a lot about God's grace and how he will take care of all our needs. For me physically I haven't had to want for a meal, at meal time someone shows with food or takes me for a ride to get food. Spritually when I open the blog, facebook, or my email someone has sent me scripture, a song, or words of wisdom which is exactly what I needed to hear at that moment. I don't want to make this about me, but I want people to see how God has worked through them and how GOOD HE is.... ALL the time.... in ALL situations.

Prayer for Guy
God's will be done
Complete healing
a clear mind
pneumonia, staff, and bacterial infections to clear
eat and drink on his own-he ate jello this morning
His right leg

Prayer for the Family
Wisdom
Patients while he is clearing his mind
Protection from illness
My mother's gall bladder

Message to the Newcomb Kids
I know you are having fun with the Rock Solid counselors and the Freshwater Youth. I can't wait to hear about the Tiger Ball tournament last night and how Canton's hockey lesson goes today. Tell Shelley, thank you for sharing her counselors with you.
Hugs and Kisses
I Love You!
Mom

8 comments:

  1. i just wanted to let you know that your whole family is in our prayers and that we pray not only for guys healing but also for god to give you the strength that you need for yourself and for your children. candy yeargain and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a whirlwind of information! Still praying!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! What an awesome God. I sing praises that Guy is recovering so well. I love the phrase "Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is" This storm will pass, but God's grace and mercy will be with us forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying for Guy and your whole family.Please tell Keith I am praying for them as well.He meant alot to me in high school.Your blogs have encouraged my walk with the Lord this week.I have thought about the song "I will praise you in this storm" this week and how you are holding tight to God and his word through this.Brent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord for all that He has done! We will keep praying for Guy, your kiddos, you and all of the intricate details that need to happen. Vicki, I have been so encouraged by your faithfulness to our Lord! Thank you for being such a godly example. Love you!

    Marcey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God!! Our house is yours (and the kids) if you need a place near by while Guy is in Mt. Vernon.
    the Butterfields

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God for the continued healing! My dad went to Mt. Vernon after his head injury, it was a awesome place and helped him a lot. I know Guy will get a lot from it and will help in his recovery. we will be praying! Love the Morris Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki,just read this blog.I am from Miller so I know about Mt.Vernon. If you need a place to get away from it all for a few hours let me know and I will get ahold of my dad and I am sure he will let you come over to his house for a while. I am still praying for you and your family. Tell Guy to keep up the good work!
    Love the Kosky family

    ReplyDelete